Saturday, March 26, 2011

A quick one of some awesomeness...

Hmmmm. What can be said about this video other than it is incredibly awesome. EDDIE VEDDER with MY MORNING JACKET covering one of THE WHO'S greatest songs, the mini-opera, 'A Quick One While He's Away'. I had no idea this existed. I saw MMJ perform this last fall during their five night run at Terminal 5 in NYC and I remember having a smile from ear to ear thru the whole song. Mind you, the song is almost 10 minutes long so you will understand why my face hurt when they finished. I guess that's what Jack Black meant in School of Rock when he talked about melting faces. Thru a little research I find this is from a PEARL JAM live DVD from a tour in 2006 when MMJ opened for them. I saw this tour in New Jersey and Eddie joined them on stage for a great cover of THE BANDS, 'It Makes No Difference', which was also awesome. I guess my now you can figure out that Eddie Vedder + My Morning Jacket = Awesome. Well, sit down, turn it up and see for yourself:

No comments:

Post a Comment